Scrapbook.com Exclusives 20% to 60% OFF
Plus, Take 10% OFF Orders $100 or More! Use Code: CRAFTY

May/June New Cards and Layouts

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Scrappin 2
    Welcome to the New Layouts and Cards for the months for May and June. We would also love to see any other project, photo or imported images you'd like to share with the group.

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. Since there are several people here, try not to flood the post with too many LOs or cards. Maybe 5-7 in any post and no daily limit. Follow SB.com instructions for downloading and linking your projects.
    Come by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!
    While this is a laid-back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.
    This is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. Please volunteer as it is the easiest job you will ever have!

2024 Hostesses -

Jan/Feb--- Anna

Mar/April---Cheryl

May/June---Cathe

July/Aug--- Terry

Sept/Oct---Jane

Nov/Dec

Let's celebrate everyone's special day. If you need added to this list, contact the current hostess and she can add you.

Cheryl - Jan 13

Danielle - Feb 11

Denise - Feb 13

Cathe - Mar 18

Judy - Apr 25

Jane -June 14

Linda - June 18

Terry - August 5

Anna - Dec 24

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well today looks like another cool day here today. well take Bella for her walk then go to the gym and work out. i hope the weather get warm that way i can paint my broader for the peg board and chalk Borad. then we can put it up behind my door. my grandma birthday is this Friday i sent her birthday card and i will call her Friday.

thanks -Cheryl for doing march/ apirl and Cathe for doing may/june

hope everyone has a great Wednesday
  • Rockmom
    Thanks to our sweet hostesses. Y'all rock!
  • Scrappin 2
    Ah May! We have had two gorgeous days in a row!
    I'm sitting here recovering from working in the yard and then showering. Had to do my hair too as we are going out later to see some friends. They live about 30 min. from us. We get together once a year. We used to get together at xmas but that hasn't worked out the past several years. Her younger son moved to TN with his family and Casey moved. So we are both traveling around Christmas. Karen was in Rum's class, her husband a year younger. So they hang out with different people than us.

Denise- thanks for leaving love. I appreciate it. It is hard to get to, I know. Sometimes I forget to go to other people's galleries. Many scrappers who I used to know my their name on sb aren't around any more.

I ordered a few things again from sb. ......don't tell Rum.......i just got an order on Monday. But there is a stamp I really want and it was 10% off. Not much, but better than nothing.

• Terry0773
    Hi Ladies! Busy morning. Did some google research on how to calculate your own A1C and then I went down and had a blood draw. No apt made in this clinic lab so I waited 40 minutes. Then off to get coffee and onto the small grocery trip. Lets see if any one can figure this out. I go to get a RX. She tells me its $95. Last mo it was $16. Oh, the dr office put in an RX for 3 mo not just one mo. Here's the problem: 3 x $16 + $48 so why in world did she tell me $95? I only bought 1 mo and I was already too mad to point this strange math out to her. To equal that amount there had to have been 6 pens not 3. Since I was up at 4:30AM I was too tired, having an attitude attack, and I do not appreciate people who do not know me calling me Honey.

Thank you Cheryl & Cathe for being our hostesses!

Cathe: Last night I was watching the April release video live from Gina K. Steve was yelling to come watch some hockey thingy and it was time to cook. I was in the middle of shopping so I quickly checked out on my second order as I decided I wanted something more. This morning while looking at the 2 orders I realized I ordered 2 of 1 die---one per order! Holy moly! I never ever tell Steve what scrappy stuff or clothing I buy. If Rum says anything tell him it was on sale!!! Men get sales!!

Going to watch the live stream of Emma's game....BB tomorrow!
  • OnlyJane
    Good Wednesday evening,
    Beautiful day, spent time outside cleaning up some things in the yard. Tomorrow is hair day and grocery day.
    Terry all my purchases these days were on sale, hehe! This tie when out, need to get a Crumbl cookie, maybe two, will need to hide at least one. I am so impressed that Emma can keep all her grades up especially with doing sports.
    Cathe
    thanks for putting up May/June and Cheryl thanks for March/April. This year seems to be flying by.
    Denise glad you are almost finished with Courtney's album.
    Hi to Anna, Cheryl and Linda, Danielle
    Have a good evening!
  • Mrsdriver5
    Stuck my head in, lost my post. sigh

• Cdjohnson
    Wednesday evening! I have been busy working on my bedroom/scraproom. The floor is half way done. I love the way it is turning out. Tomorrow afternoon I really need to do some work in the yard and cleaning out my flower beds. I am tired! I will check in tomorrow.
  • Rockmom
    Hello friends. We need prayers for our area. There is a lot of Flash flooding from 16 inches of rain overnight and it's still continuing to rain heavily. They're releasing large amounts of water from the dam which floods the river and backs up into our neighborhood retention pond and drainage system. Last time they released this much water it got to within 3 feet of our front door. My daughter in law is stuck at work and cannot get home due to impassable roads. My daughter hasn't gone to work it's her late day. I don't think she should go, she has to cross several creeks that flood. I'm concerned for my son in law that has to cross the flooding river. I've not heard from my son yet.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well today look like a okay day right now it is 30 mostly cloudy. well walk Bella this morning. went to the gym and work out. tomorrow is my grandma birthday and sent her a card. tomorrow i will call her to wish her a happy birthday. well looks like saturday going to be a nice warm day here.

Denise- hope it dosen't flood in your area much .

hope everyone has a nice Thursday
  • OnlyJane
    Denise, prayers for you, that sure is a huge amount of rain. May you and your family stay safe!
  • Scrappin 2
    Thursday

Denise- praying for the Houston area. Tell those kids of yours not to drive thru standing water, even if they have to stay in a hotel.

Danielle- Your Grandma will love a phone call from you.

Terry- well good thing you caught that error in prices.
    I don't like to be called Honey either.
    What did you get two of?
    Oh I never tell Rum what I buy either. But since he does the bills, he catches what I've spent. He doesn't care anymore. LOL He just asks if the bill is correct.

I should have waited a day to place my order here. The one 49 and Market leaf stamp was out of stock. I got a notice the next day that it was now available. UGH!!! I didn't know when the 10% was going to be over. 10% isn't much but it was off of 49 products which I was buying.

Carole and I went out today. I was looking for a slightly dressy top to wear to Van's graduation. I tried several things on at Chico's. I never find things there. I didn't today either. I found a black and white, kinds of silky on clearance at Talbott's and got an additional 30% off. I also had a $25 rewards so I used it.

Cheryl- so glad you like your flooring.

Judy sorry you lost your post.

Jane- what kind of cookie did you get?

Hi Anna and Linda
  • Rockmom
    Thanks yall. The rain stopped, it's sunny. Thecweatherman said another round over the watershed again tomorrow which could spell disaster. They've 3xp3ctingbthe river to rise another 10 ton12 feet before it crests and that is without anymore rain! Cathe, thank you. I'm sure they wouldn't drive through. Everybody got home as atreet flooding receded where they were. They have closed all area schools and the county judge ordered voluntary evacuation up to the road next to our subdivision. This isn't good for blood pressure! Stressful.

• Scrappin 2
    Friday morning. Weather station showed flooding in Conroe! I sure hope Denis's home is ok!
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well yesterday in the afternoon it rain here. looks like it might rain here today right it say on my computer that it is 49 here. well today is grocery store day. going to walk Bella later on today. well nothing much going on today. i need to plant my tomatoe plants in my garden box i have them inside the house by my kitchen window.

hope everyone has a nice friday and take care.
  • Rockmom
    We had terrible storms overnight. We are ok. The dam release was dropped and slowed so that helps us. Our neighborhood flooding comes from river backup into our retention pond. So when they release more water from the dam it gets dicey. We arent even in a 500 year flood plane but we still.flood due to the lake dam releasing water. What irks me is they refuse to lower it even when it is projected to be a lot of rain. Then all of a sudden it become emergency release to "protect the dam."

Hiwever, the river is still rising and projected to rise by 12 feet by Sunday. We aren't in the clear yet.
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon, Friday
    No sunshine today, just light rain off and on, in fact the whole week ahead indicates lots of rain and thunderstorms.
    Denise glad your weather looks a little better but still some problems, keeping fingers crossed for you. No doubt your anxiety level is off the charts, hang in there, hugs!!!!
    Danielle hope you can get those tomato plants in your garden box.
    Cathe glad you got out and about with Carole. Sounds like you got a pretty top at a good discount, way to go!! Yesterday went grocery shopping, only needed a few things and it was over $70.00, did not buy meat, cleaning supplies, etc., this time, also got notice that our health insurance supplement going up, car insurance going up, dang everything, it is getting bad out there. Sorry about the vent, sometimes you just have to let off some steam. I have been enjoying being out in the yard lately, think it is because I can find some peace and quiet in pulling weeds, picking up sticks, etc. Oh and yesterday went into our $Tree, needed a couple of cards, place looked like a bomb went off, it was a mess. Every once in awhile this happens, usually it is when they do not have enough help.
    Cheryl hope your weekend is good and you can get some "me time".
    Terry been working on some new techniques for stamping? Earlier you were talking about buying the flowers from Hobby Lobby, I went looking for flowers for my containers by the front door, so many of the ones they had were just not the right colors I wanted, did find some that were pretty but it would have cost around $120 to fill those containers this time, nope, finally down another isle did find some that would work for around $50. Shopping these days is not as much fun due to the high prices and the quality even of so many things is not there. I better get these flowers in the containers and find last year's spring/summer wreath.
    Anna how was your week? Hope your weekend will be restful for you.
    Hi Linda and Judy!

Time to go, need to start a load of wash and do some dusting, not wanting to, but need to.
    Have a nice day and evening

• Scrapperb2
    Friday afternoon--my goodness where does time go? I don't have enough time in a day lately. This week we have been busy painting in kitchen. It makes a mess with plastic, tape, brushes, rollers, and I still have one whole section to do. Anyway, I finally got around to sew all of my pajama bottoms, they are all way to long and I did a nice job, sort of. I am not a sewer at all. My mom would laugh. Today we drove over to Paris Maine to the grocery store for the meat sale. Their meat is cut on site by the meat dept and packaged nicely. My physical went great, my A1C is down to 7.8, and I lost 8 lbs. which is great. I have lost a total of 26 lbs. woo-hoo. Anyway, the rain and thunderstorms has passed and hopefully a nice weekend ahead, I want to get out in the flower beds. I guess Kevin and Rene has some big yard plans, I don't know what. Lara did get out of the jury duty, so everyone will be here. They rent the house across the street up one from us, so convenient for all of us. We will cook here, and eat out a few times, the Dynasty and Gordy's seafood. It is coming quickly. My sister Trish hasn't asked me to go down, that is okay I'm not going home anymore. My brother Tim is coming up for the Memorial BBQ at Carrie's house and we will celebrate Cody's birthday at the same time. I had more to say than I thought.
    Denise---wow what a lot of rain in such a short period of time. I hope everything is okay.
    Jane---How is the yard work coming along? I hope to get mine started at the temp is warming up in the high 60's now and the ground should be dry soon
    Cathe---That is funny about buying "stuff" and not telling Rum. Rene does the bills here also, and I usually buy what I want as he is very generous with my crafts and supportive. I order books from Barnes and Nobles on my tablet. I have the new 24th book of the Women's Murder Club coming in soon. I really like reading, doing game books and my Junes Journey game, so fun.
    Terry---as far as expenses go, you have to stay on top of everything. I get my pens, 4 boxes at a time, free from the hospital on the program I'm eligible for. I don't have any HL, M's, etc. around here. We do have a dollar general coming in soon, I think that might be a little exciting at first.

Hello Danielle, Cheryl and Anna
  • Scrappin 2
    Friday night. We got Culver's fish and brought it home. That way we can save on buying a drink. Although we could get water, I guess.
    We've had several beautiful Spring days in a row. We might get storms Saturday evening. Sure hope they hold off till the kids get Prom pictures taken. I don't like where they have decided to go for pictures. There is little parking. It is at a restaurant, but I don't think they are eating there. It's on the river. I don't know if there are flowering trees down there or not. There are bricks that might make a good background. Pictures are at 4:00. I want to go and get home by the running of the Kentucky Derby.

Denise- I sure hope you continue to be ok with no water at your doorstep or worse! Gee you'd think someone would be smart enough to lower the dam if a storm is coming. Meteorologists know what's coming.-if there will be a lot of rain or not.

Danielle- You must have a nice sunny window in which to place the tomato plants. Did you call your Grandma?

Jane- I haven't looked at prices of annuals yet. I will probably be shocked. Rum did put weed and feed on the front lawn today. Yipee!
    I think dollar stores are like that........nice and sometimes not.
    I too went to the grocery store for a few things. I got some big ticked items. I spent $101, but got coffee and a big container of Dawn detergent so I can refill the smaller bottle. I bought Johnsonville sweet Italian sausages, bacon, and a whole chicken so I did get some meat.

I was in HL buying a scrapbook today. They are putting out Fall things. Makes me mad. It isn't even summer yet. I agree with someone who said it is getting to be less and less of a craft supply store. I saw baby toys!! I'm really mad that they cut down the colors of cardstock that they carry. .........and pads of paper.

Linda- I hate sewing or mending.
    Is everyone coming this weekend or Mother's Day? I'm so glad Lara got out of jury duty and can come.
    It is nice the kids rent a house. -Everyone has a bit of space then.
    Congrats on the weight loss and getting your A1C down.
    Meat from a meat market is usually so much better.
    What is Junes Journey game? I could use a new game.
  • Anna C
    Good Morning!

Denise, hope the flooding has receded and you all are out of harm's way.

Linda, glad Lara gets to come visit. Congrats on your lower A1C and the weight loss.

Jane, we are getting your rain today. I had hoped to get out to the local greenhouse for some flowers but not sure I want to go out in the rain today.

Cheryl, hope you find some time for you this weekend!

Judy, hope you are doing well.

Danielle, how's Jim doing? Sell your car?

Cathe, hope you fun taking photos of Van and his prom friends. Sometimes when we eat out we order one meal with two plates and split it.

Terry, what are you up to?

I have had the crud most of the week. Finally went to the doctor on Thursday and two shots in the hips and three prescriptions later said it was a combo of sinus and allergies. Plus on top of that I have had a painful mouth ulcer. One prescription was for that. Finally starting to feel better.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

• Terry0773
    Hi Ladies--- what's that saying " be careful of what you ask for"! I've been asking Steve to purge his closet area and drawers for months now. He finally got with it yesterday however instead of "purging" he made a pile of shirts (golf style) for me to hem up including some of the sleeves. I kid you not, 16 shirts!!! Oh, and 1 pair of pants. I've been at the sewing machine for a day and a half.
    Today was supposed to be Emma's last game but she's sick with the flu plus there's an atmospheric river that is here with more coming so I expect they will cancel the game. I shouldn't go anyway as I'm having surgery Friday and do not need to around people who might be carrying a sick bug.
    Planning on soup for supper tonight too. Just a cold day with a high of 52 deg.

• Anna: did your week finally settle down? I was going to tell you that Steve's "spy" has recorded several incidents this week where his heart quit beating for 3-5 seconds. This was during sleep so don't have a clue what's up but I suspect he could be headed for a pacemaker soon.
    • Cathe: funny story on that duplicate die I bought. It's the die that goes with the "incentive stamp" which for this month you can't buy but its a gift for spending $75 worth of products. I thought I had that covered but in 2 orders. They said no has to be 1 order. Ok. So she calls me yesterday wondering if I still wanted the die since I didn't get the stamp! I got her to cancel one of the 2 ordered and I'll buy the stamp next month. It was the dragonfly & sentiment stamp/die. Her customer service people are amazing! I love 49th & Market papers etc. Steve rarely notices purchases unless he sees the delivered boxes. Any Sunday dinner plans?
    • Cheryl: that is so cool that you love the new floor and its almost done.
    • Danielle: I imagine the rain we are having is headed to you. My Italian grandpa was unbelievable in the garden. He started tomatoes in the pointsettia plants, split garlic cloves to start them in his cellar, and he always had an old tub where other veggie starters were in early spring. And yet he never ever grew flowers. So when he passed the florist was told to build a huge wreath of fresh veggies. It was so awesome. Hope your garden does well this summer and a happy birthday to your grandma.
    • Denise: HOLY COW----that's not rain that's a deluge!!! I hope you are safe and no more water scares. They should re-route the river drainage away from your area. Do you have rubber on the door bottoms to stop water from coming in? I just cannot imagine! We had the 100 year flood here in 1998 where the Columbia, Williamette, and every river near flooded big time. The Columbia shut down I-5 and Steve & I were at work and couldn't get home. Then the next day the sided of the mountain came down and covered the interstate. What a mess! Luckily both kiddos were up at college and we had friends go and feed the dogs. Hope your family is all safe now and at home.
    • Jane: My heart goes out to you as I understand totally about retired hubbies who didn't used to be home all the time. I have my "office" which is my happy place and I stay in it most of the day. I hope you find a place or a room like that. Maybe sign up for a class or something that requires you to get out without company. Shopping sure isn't as fun as it used to be. I have 4 hanging baskets that I made about 10 yrs ago and those flowers need replaced too but I cannot afford that now. It was $200 back then so I don't have a clue what the price is now. If we move maybe I can do real flowers.
    • Linda: Good for you on the weight loss and your diabetic numbers!!! My "sale" on meat is that we are eating so much less it is just lasting longer. What was 1 meal is now 1 meal today and 1 meal in the freezer for next week. Hubby tends to obsess with things that are in his mind. Right now its how much protein is he eating, carb counts, calories. Holy moly he's down from 335 to 250 lbs from that & the bariatric surgery. But he still eats more sweets than he should. Oh well...

I'm going to play today while doing laundry. I'll start cleaning the house next week. And Wednesday I will be yelling at my new doctor about not filling out those forms. Grrrrr.....

I
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well the sun is out and right now it is 50 degress. well i am hope to plant my tomatoes in my garden box and i have these covers that i can put over the tomatoe plants to keep them warm. right now they are at my window kitchen and they are growing tall. well my husband leg are still bug him he is going to see another doctor about his leg and it is both of them. so we will see if he need to have surgery on them and if he dose he want to have them both done at the same time. i talk to my grandma yesterday for little bit and wish her a happy birthday. i think my parents are going down to see her today. i bought the Sizzix - Making Tool Collection - Accessory - Stamp and Spin Tool . i can't wait to get it and try it out.

Ann- no we haven't sold the car yet.

hope everyone has a great saturday
  • Cdjohnson
    Saturday afternoon. Of course, I am watching Izzy today. Tomorrow is Priscilla's birthday. Zoey and Zeke will spend the night and instead of going home in the morning will be going to church with us and to eat at my mom and dad's house after church and then go home.

Danielle - Sounds like your tomatoes are doing well.

Terry - That is a lot of shirts to repair! Sorry to hear Emma is sick. Hope you stay will for your surgery.

Anna -Sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Rockmom
    Hello to all.
    The water is receding and it didn't rain overnight. Thankful. We are out of danger. The retention pond did its job and held all the water. The little area of Woodloch, we are separated by one small road did flood. I could hear thecresuce boats all afternoon yesterday. Our neighborhood was built up by 8 or 10 feet. That's a big help.

Terry, that's a lot of sewing! Good idea to stay away from crowds.

Cathe, Culver's take-out sounds good.

Linda, nice you are doing well and yiur weight and numbers are down.

Danielle, are your parents doing.okay? Happy birthday to your grandma.

Jane. Hugs to you.

Cheryl, the kids get some extra time with y'all. That is nice.

Anna. How are you now?

Oh, one of the boys that sent the night for Cooper's party threw up several times. Ugh ugh ugh floor, bathtub, couch.

• Scrappin 2
    Denise- So glad you didn't get water in your house. Hope the child that threw up didn't have a flu bug.

Anna- You've had it rough!! You poor thing!!

Cheryl- Happy Birthday to Priscilla. I bet the kids are excited to spend the night and go to church with you all.

Danielle- Hope Jim finds a doctor who can help.
    Your new tool sounds fun. Not sure what it is, but any new card making/scrapbooking making thing is fun.

Terry- Yikes on Steve's heart stopping!
    Poor Emma missing the last game, but maybe everyone did and it will be rescheduled.
    I'm sorry I've forgotten what surgery are you having? second cataract?

I went to take Prom pictures of Van. It was crazy with so many parents and kids. Charity had her big camera and I sort of stayed out of the way. Now I'm berating myself for not getting at least a couple good one. My SIL, Rose took a few and sent me hers. Also it rained so hard driving from where the kids took pictures to the venue for the dinner/dance. Charity Rose and I went to the venue for the coronation. Van didn't get crowned King. It poured while in the building and running back to the car.
  • Terry0773
    Morning. Nothing new here. The games yesterday were officially canceled so I'm wondering if they will do that today as well. Emma is pretty sick so I know she wouldn't play anyway. Playoffs for the conference is next weekend but I won't be able to go. Did make some headway on a card and the laundry tho.

• Anna…I'm so sorry you were that sick! Glad you got into the Dr office. Did you mean a canker sore? Anyway hoping this week is better and you heal up
    • Cathe…the surgery I'm having is to remove the screws in my left foot since one or more have moved into the space between the metatarsal sections (big toe area). That's why I have pain on both the top and the bottom of that foot. I had my 2nd cataract done a month ago. That was frustrating about Vans photos. At least Rose sent some of hers. The only grad photos I have of emma came from Danny's cell phone. It was outside, raining, I'm on a knee scooter so I can't carry my camera, and there was 1 place to take the shots and everyone was there. I was not happy! Will Charity send you her photos?
    • Danielle…do you already have the platform or did it come with the stamp wheel accessory? I went and watched a video of it. Looks really interesting
    • Denise…so glad you had no flooding in your area. I did see the tornado that hit Hawley and boy was it scary! I guess the weather is pretty violent down there now
    • Jane…I saw that your area is due for a lot storms today. Have any plans?
    • Linda…I was wondering if your family is there now or next weekend for Mother's Day.

I'm on the iPad typing Was watching a video of a lady painting a tulip stamp from Honey Bee. I had to get that stamp! I know if I quit watching YouTube I'd stop spending money on crafty stuff!
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well, it is snow here today yuck. they said we where just going to get rain today. i hate this. i woke up around 4 am to let Bella out to use the bathroom and it was raining. then when i woke up around 7 am it was snowing. i just hope my tomatoe plants are fine we have them cover up but we will see. nothing much today. took Bella for her walk this morning. i talk to my mom yesterday my dad was not feeling great. my mom said last week when they where watching my nephew and niece . my niece Remie had a runing noise and they think my dad got sick from one of them. so they couldn't go see my grandma don't want to get her sick.

Terry- i have the platform for it and then you have the wheel.

hope everyone has a great sunday
  • Cdjohnson
    Danielle - Yuck on the snow. Hope your tomato plants will be ok.

Terry - I hope the surgery solves the problem. Hope Emma gets to feeling better.

Cathe - Glad Rose sent you photos. Will Charity send any to you?

Denise - Wonderful that the retention pond do its job.
  • Scrappin 2
    Sunday

Charity loaded 98 pictures from her camera onto my computer. So I have plenty to choose from!

Terry-oh the surgery is to set the screws? Will the screws go back in?
    Rum's ankle is not doing well. He limps so. Charity had him alone for awhile on the deck. She said he admitted he probably will need the total ankle replacement . Probably will do it after golf season. He'll have to do it after I'm back from the crop.
    Hope Emma is better and can play this coming weekend.

Honey Bee stamps are sure cute. I get ads for them on my Facebook feed every night.

Danielle- Sorry to hear your dad is sick. I hope he's not too bad. I have heard from a friend and she and her DH are really sick with that virus.
    Hope the tomato plants are ok.

Cheryl- Did Zoey and Zeke enjoy going to church?

I worked at the library today. Ya just sit and take money. I worked with an interesting lady. I couldn't tell her age. I think she was a bit older than me.
    I bought a couple of paperback books and an interesting little booklet about our county. It has maps and ads in it from 1963-1964-1965. I didn't live here then but it shows a map of Shirland where I taught. It shows the land plots with names of the owners.............many names recognized from teaching children with that last name. The land belonged to their parents and Grandparents.

• Cdjohnson
  • Cdjohnson
  • Cdjohnson
    Cathe - Yes, the kids enjoyed going to church with us and then to mom and dad's house.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well the snow melted yesterday afternoon. well today it is windy here and rain little bit. today i am get my hair done at 9:00am. Took Bella for her walk early today. when my dad get sick it takes him awhile to feel better.

well hope everyone has a great monday
  • OnlyJane
    Good Monday afternoon, the sun just came out but went back in, t-storms, heavy rain this morning, more to come in the next few days
    This is starting to get old, t-storms which put the dog in a tail spin, and of course this week is looking like no mowing can be done, and the grass is growing like crazy, you can not win. Enough complaining. Anyway not much of a noteworthy weekend and today looks the same. Goodness I am behind again....
    Anna I hope your feeling much better and your week will be a good one. How are your parents doing?
    Denise glad the rain has stopped for now. I swear the storms all over seem to be so bad right now. You did start school again, right? Any plans made for Mother's Day? Nothing said yet around here but that is normal, people wait until the last minute.
    Cathe glad you got lots of pictures of Van and the prom. Did you get back in time to see what horse won the Kentucky Derby? Sorry Rum still has trouble with his ankle and may have to go with the replacement surgery. Bob is thinking about his other knee to be replaced. I need to check with our local library branch and see if they ever need some volunteer help, think I would like to do something like that and they are located less that 2 miles from home surrounded by a nice, clean public park.
    Terry good luck with your surgery this week, hope this will finally make you pain free!! Hope Emma is feeling better. Is she going to be working this summer? Schools are about finished, most get out around the 22nd, and colleges soon will be finished for the semester. I hope we don't have severe storms the next few days, they say possible for a tornado in the surrounding area, sure hope not. Just got a flyer from J Jill I think it was (clothing) expensive like Soft Surroundings. They seem to be pushing the gauze type fabric, not sure if I like it or not, and no way am I paying $89 to $99 for a top, but they do have some pretty colors, oh well.
    Cheryl glad you had a nice Sunday and all of you got to go to church and after dinner at your parents. Your latest cards are so cute, you did a good job on them.
    Danielle sorry your dad is not feeling well. Hopefully you won't get anymore snow.
    Linda are you all ready for Mother's Day, your having company right?
    Judy how are you doing?

Well the sun is back out, hope it stays for awhile. Need to do some cleaning up, swear am wasting my life away with doing nothing lately.
    Everyone have a good day and evening
  • Terry0773
    What a day this was. Was up at Costco when they opened at 10 to pick up both my glasses and sunglasses. Amazing that they both fit fine without any adjustments. Then off to get the EKG done and that's when I about lost my cool. Short version is I was told it was a walk in thing but they kept insisting I needed to "schedule" it. Thankfully a woman walked out and set the other 2 dingbats straight on how to enter the info, etc. I was so close to letting out the Italian. And I hate doing that. Then 10 min wait, 30 sec for the test, and I'm walking out. Next was a 15 min wait at Arby's for my food. What happened to "fast" food? Then I had a fun talk with a new PA at the cardiologists office. She said my med was "boring" so we just chatted and I was happy with that! And back home.
    Wed I get to meet my new dr (pri care to replace Noel) and she's about to get an earful too. Where's my insulin paperwork??? hmmmm????

• Danielle: sorry your dad is sick. It sure does seem longer to heal as we age. It snowed??? Holy cow....but we've had super cold and really wet weather here. By Thurs we are sunny and 79 deg from raining and 52 deg in 2 days! I wonder if they will come out with more accessories for the platform.
    • Cheryl: Cute cards! Glad the kiddos had a great time with you and your parents.
    • Jane: I know Cold Water Crk, Soft Surroundings, Talbots, and more all charge $79-$99 for a blouse. It is ridiculous and once in a great moon do I buy one at that price. I saw a striped green/white shirt at Chicos and found the same one at Amazon for $25. Creation L & Torrid are both reasonably priced too. I've lost a lot of interest in new clothes cuz where do I go? Give me a flannel shirt or sweatshirt and I'm good. I need to scurry around in the next 3 days and prep the house and do as much weeding & outside stuff as I can. I'll be down for definite 2 wks but I don't know much after that time. I pray that I do not need that 2nd knee done. I still have big problems with the fixed one. Not the knee but the IT band outside it.
    • Cathe: Didn't Rum have surgery on that ankle? No, the screws are coming out for good as the bones are all well healed and there's no reason for them to be there any longer. I sure am praying this will fix the pain and my odd walking gait. That's wonderful about Van's photos!!

Hi Anna Denise, Linda, & Judy.
  • Anna C
    May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'The six best doctors: sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise, and diet. -Wayne Fields'

Trying to get back into the groove this morning. Still dealing with this crud but finally on the mend. A few more days of meds left so I hope there's enough to wipe this stuff out!

Terry, good luck with your surgery this week. Hope it all goes smoothly and your pain is gone. No, I didn't have a canker sore. It was an irritation on my lower gum. I think I scratched the gum when I was eating some chips on a taco salad or at least that is when it started hurting. Doctor gave me some type of gel to rub on it and it cleared it right up.

Danielle, how's your dad feeling? Snow???? Geez!

Cathe, cute cards. How's your dad doing?

Denise, hope things have dried out by now. How's your mom doing?

Jane, rainy here too. We are already under an alert for severe weather today. Heavy rain storms and wind they say. Mom and Dad are doing as well as they can. I have stayed away for the last few days but my brother says they are continuing to muddle along.

Linda, I guess you are getting ready for a big weekend with all of your company?

Cathe, so sorry Rum is still having ankle issues. Glad you ended up with lots of pictures scrap. Look forward to seeing your layouts here.

Gotta get my day going. Just wanted to pop in and say Good Morning and Have a Great Day!
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

Terry, good luck with your surgery this week.
    Denise, hope things have dried out by now
    Ann- i hope you are feeling better.

well yesterday got my hair done i had him cut short and put highlights. didn't get back home untill 12:00pm. well i told him good by and i will miss him and have him do my hair for me. he will still have the salon here and have some be the manager. well today nothing much going on today. this morning is is windy here but we are going to be warm up one day we will be in the 80's. we didn't have a much spring here. well i will walk Bella today and go back to the gym. my husband has to work until 5 pm today. i got my spin wheel yesterday and i am going to test it out with some stamps i bought. i bought some of Cathern pool stamps that are from sizzix.

hope everyon has a great tuesday

• Rockmom
    Both Emmett and Katie got sick after Cooper's party. I've not heard if anyone else did. Both throwing up. Ugh

There were tornados all around where mom's home is and my cousins and brother are at ladt night. I stayed up watching Ryan Hall Y'all to make sure everyone was OK. This spring the weather seems pretty intense. More so than usual. There was a bad tornado in Barnsdall, OK last night and into Bartlesville, OK. I need to check on mom's house but I think it is ok. At least the alarm is still working so it must have power. I didn't get a notification the power was out.

Terry, hope this will help the foot pain. Hope Emma is better today. How is Steve, less depressed?

Anna, thanks for checking in. Hope yall stay away from bad weather.

Cathe. Ah the ankle is still messing with Rum. Dang. Not happy news.

Danielle, sorry your dad got sick. Hope he is better.

Jane, no school yet. I think they messed up our curriculum order. It should have been here by now. Going to have to call again. Why are people so incompetent? The order was easy, not complicated at all. Also Hope your weather behaves today and you and Cheryl too have no bad stuff.

We found a red gaming desk on sale for 88 bucks for Cooper he asked for one for school and one for his room. We also got him a bigger red and black chair and the matching bookcase. Red and black is his favorite color combo. It looks real sturdy and will easily hold his computer for school. His birthday gift from parents and us.

• Scrapperb2
    Good morning---sorry I go MIA, but we have so much work to do around the house in between the rain. I have been working out in my flower beds and they are coming along nicely, I think I have too many. I bought my tomato, pepper plants, onion sets and sunflower seeds. The kitchen is almost all painted except where the cupboards are. The ceiling is being painted now. I'm keeping the willow green walls. I took down all my curtains, they windows look so much better. Allens 20th birthday today and college is out for the summer. Kevin and family will be here in 18 days! Kevin has a lot of projects to do around the outside, like get rid of the bushes in front, wash the siding, coat the driveway and help Rene set up the summer things. Right now, my body is sore and hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow morning so I can finish the long garden.
    Denise--sorry to hear Emmett and Katie is sick, hope they are feeling better. Wow, tornados, they must be so scary. I will pray you and your family stays safe. Only once when I was living down in S. N.E. did we experience a small tornado, and I don't want to go through that again.
    Anna---gee hopefully you are feeling better. Sometimes medicine takes a while to work. I will pray for you.
    Cheryl---those are pretty cards you made. I would like to sit down and make some, but I don't see that in the near future.
    Cathe---hopefully Rum will get the ankle situation solved. A man being home after years of a work schedule, drives them nuts and you. It took time for Rene to settle into a new routine, and when I got very sick he took over the house chores, budget, cooking, laundry etc. he really enjoys doing some of those things to this day. He also has a very bad ankle as he crushed is in an accident and was put back together the best they could with screws also. The drs. saved his foot.
    Terry---Wow that is a lot of sewing to do. I am not much of a sewer, I do straight stitch and zigzag stitching in my journals. I have one more pair of pj's to shorten. The woman's magazine that I buy a lot of clothes in is called Women Within. Hopefully Steve's heart issue will get solved soon. My issue was I had a lazy heart so I had a pacemaker with 3 leads put in and just had it replaced last Dec. after 8 years. He sure has lost a lot of weight. The dr. wants me to lose 5-10lbs by my next visit. I hope your surgery goes well, I will be thinking about you.
    Danielle---I hope your Dad is doing better. Snow---I thought we were bad, but the weather is staying 55+ degrees every day. Yesterday it was 70 and about the same today. We are getting so much rain and hopefully it will get better soon.
    Hello Anna---I hope all is well with you.

I have to run for now. I will try to check in much sooner than I have been.

• OnlyJane
    Good afternoon, Tuesday, another day of sun in and sun out, last look thought we would have a t-storm, the sky was black in places but it moved on without any thunder or rain, thank goodness. We are still on alert for bad storms Wednesday evening thru at least Thursday morning. If it is nice tomorrow morning may need to get and do grocery shopping in case Thursday morning is a washout.
    Denise sorry both Katie and Emmett are sick. Lot of stuff going around right now it seems. It is getting harder to find someone to be efficient and get the job done. It seems that maybe they just do not train them right or else the hired person is not suited for the job. Hope your Mom's house is ok. I know when we are in Branson they can get some horrible storms, scary ones. That desk, chair and bookcase sound so neat for Cooper. What is the difference between a game desk and regular desk? The game desk have some special area for accessories?
    Danielle glad you got your hair cut and highlighted. Sorry your hair guy is leaving and hope your new person will do a good job.
    Anna your image today is perfect!! Hope the rest of your meds will cure what you have. Glad your parents are doing as good as they can. Have they ever thought of moving into assisted living? I was thinking of that the other day, I could I think, but Bob never would. He needs his garage and stuff even if he can't do all the things he use to. It is a hard decision to make.
    Terry I would imagine your busy today. Hope you get everything you want to do this week before surgery. Do you have to stay in the hospital overnight?
    Your right, my clothing choices now are mostly jeans, long sleeve shirt with a t-shirt type under the long sleeve. Someone wrote up an article in the newspaper about the skinny jeans are out and now high waist, stiff jeans were in. She called them her "standup" ones as it was hard to bend in them.
    Cathe how is your day going? Started any layouts with all the new photos you got? Do you print them yourself or have them printed somewhere else?

Hi Cheryl, Linda, Judy

Have a nice day everyone cherry_blossom emoji
  • Southernlady2
    here is a card i made today
  • Scrappin 2
    Tuesday--We had 3" of rain today! We were under a tornado watch, but it is nice and sunny now. We had to take the Subaru into the shop for an oil change. It was raining when we took it and rained worse when we picked it up. It didn't rain the entire time between taking and picking up. We went to breakfast which was a nice treat. Rum thought maybe it would get done by the time we were done eating. It did, buy Kevin (who is Charity's BIL) called to say it really needed a new battery. Rum said ok. We trust Kevin. But that delayed pick up.

Jane- Rum was sweet and stopped watching the Kentucky derby until i got home. I think I got home about 2 min. after it started.
    Who wants jeans ya can't bend over in??? I love my skinny jeans. I do like high waist- ed pants tho.
    I usually print the photos I want here at home. I like how my Epson prints. If I order I always order too many and then they they are laying around.

Terry- Hope surgery goes well, you get the screws out and it feels terrific. Sure hope your knee doesn't need surgery! Too bad that IT band is still giving you trouble. Do you have plans to go to TX and look around after your ankle heals?

Linda- I bet your gardens are beautiful. It is nice you can look forward to Kevin's visit.
    Your Grandson is out of college for the summer already? Is he going to work? Our Granddaughter Rayn goes into June. But her college is on tri-mesters.

Denise- oh dear, sorry Katie and Emmett caught whatever the boy had the party had.
    Rum likes to watch the Weather station. The tornadoes across Oklahoma, Texas and down that way are really scary. Glad your Mom's house is ok.
    Even here--3" today,is not ordinary. Where are our gentle Spring rains?
    The furniture for Cooper sounds great.

Danielle- Sure hope you don't get more snow.
    It's hard when our hair person leaves. Did he recommend who you should go to?

I'm starting to think I shouldn't put photos of people on here that I don't have permission to do so. The thought that Ai could take a photo, change it into porn and put it out there scares me. I guess I can cover the faces, but then it just doesn't look right.

Mother's Day- Gotta talk to Doug. Nev is coming home tomorrow. She said she'd spend Thursday with me-or at least part.
    Sunday we have to go to a visitation for Rum's cousin. He was 91. Rum's family is close, but we're not staying for the service at 5:00. I doubt if we've ever missing a service for someone in his extended family. But....It's Mother's Day!

• OnlyJane
    Good Wednesday afternoon,
    Heavy rain off and on, under a flood watch, severe thunderstorm warnings, etc., off and on all day and through the night
    So, nothing really to talk about, have lots to do, but once again no desire to do it, am in a rut for sure right now.
    Cheryl hope your weather isn't too bad for today.
    Cathe you sure got lots of rain. I need to put the rain gauge back out as I put it away for the winter due to freezing and breaking the glass container for the water. Glad Rum agreed to the new battery. Since we just replaced ours in the Yukon sure hope it lasts for awhile. I am with you, I like high waist jeans also. The ones that ride lower drive me nuts, always trying to pull them up. Have plans been made for Mother's Day? Still have no idea what is going on here. Like I have said numerous times, this is not unusual.
    Danielle, cute card, did you use your new stamping tool?

More thunder, Baxter is under the desk laying on my feet at the moment. Wish this storm would leave.

Hi to all, hope everyone has a good day and evening!

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well today didn't go to the gym yest just wait for the bug people to come here. Took Bella for her walk this morning. well it another windy and cold day here. It looks like friday it will warm up here.

Jane- yes i use the new stamping tool for that card.

hello to all have a nice wednesday
  • Rockmom
    Hey everybody.

Mom's house is fine. Thankful!

No one else got sick. Really happy about that too!

A gamer desk often has graphics and places for headphones, controllers, and a monitor stage/shelf. Not really much difference. This one says gamer in a couple places and doesn't have any drawers. It's red and black, his favorite color combo. It's metal and has a contemporary design. Probably the no drawers is the biggest difference although many newer model desks do not have them either.

Danielle, cute, cute card design!

Yeh, protect those images, Cathe. But really they can be gotten many ways...just hack a photographer's computer and you have so many images. Evil is firmly ensconced in society.

Y'all stay safe from the storms today.

Oh Jane, I'm in a rut too. My rut is a lack of energy. I think I have so many things I "want" to do that it's killing my drive to anything. That and the lack of energy or stamina or both gets in the way too. I feel ya!

We discovered can roof leak. It is at a vent. It's rotted some subsurface that will all need to be replaced. It's above my scrap/craft shelving. Now I'll have to move it all to repair the inside and it will require taping, bedding, and painting. I'll need to go ahead and just paint the whole room.

Meanwhile, the ac parts for Mom's ac came in so the ac guy/neighbor is doing that work today. 🙄

Our curriculum is not here yet it's been almost a month. Going to have to call and complain. Their new website won't let us in. May be why our order is delayed? We did follow the protocol for setting up under the new website. Sigh, it never seems to end these days.

Oh! I have hives and I have no idea why. They itch, especially the ones in my navel. It's not as bad as it could be but the itch is insane.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer today. Maybe those hives are making me cranky...

• Cdjohnson
    We are under severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch. I hope to make a card or two before bedtime.
  • Scrapperb2
    I got out early for 2 hours to work in the flowers. When I was young keeping up was easy, now that I'm "old", it takes me much longer. Heavy rain this afternoon and thunder. Temps are cooling down. The kitchen is 3/4 finished. We have the cupboards to do, repainting the the frames not the doors as they have a special finish. Very tired.
    Sometimes I feel lazy also.
    We all are having mixed weather.
    How are you Terry?

Oh my gosh...Rene just came in and said the battery died 😲 what's next
  • Terry0773
    Hi Ladies. I got to my pri care dr apt today with the resolve to get those papers done for my patient assistance. It turns out, of course without notifying anyone, that the head honcho doctor decided that he wasn't allowing any more of that to be done. The co that now owns them doesn't care but he is insistent that they not do this for anyone. The nurses & at least my doctor now are faxing the filled out forms over to someone who used to work there and she is now following up, faxing, etc on all patients' forms. So they tell me my forms were faxed yesterday and everything should be coming. That is truly good news but what is up this guy's behind? What a jerk!!!
    Then I went grocery shopping which just depresses me. I get home and Steve can't get the lawn tractor going so he wants to pay a landscape co to mow for 3 wks until ours gets in and fixed. I will bet that cost will be close to $800 and then the cost to fix the tractor on top of it. And he wants me to contact the landscapers because "he doesn't know what to say". Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I certainly know where my anxiety comes from.

• Anna: I sure wish all or any of those 6 doctors could fix me! A trip with my girlfriends would help.... Hope you are feeling lots better. Also glad to hear your parents are doing well.
    • Cathe: Hi waisted pants are not my friends or my favorite. I have so little room from hip to bust that they ride where the bra does too. I'm not worried about AI and all that. I think it could happen but why would anyone want photos from a scrapbooking place seeing as how the photos are embedded into the page. There are way too many places to get photos if that's what they want. Scary about being under a tornado warning and all that rain!
    • Cheryl: Those storms yesterday were far reaching and from what I hear were started from our atmospheric cold river hitting the heat from the south spawning tornadoes all over the place for days. Glad you all are safe!
    • Danielle: you did a great job with your new wheel. How short did you get your hair cut?
    • Denise: Cooper will be thrilled! I'm not suffering from low energy but more like "what's next" syndrome or anxiety. And Hubby's demands are never ending. When a boss retires the wife becomes the employee. At least in this house and I'm really tired of it.
    • Jane: Are you having more storms today? I know nothing will be happening here for Mother's day. I even bought my own present last week so I'll be lucky to see a card. Danny and Emma may stop by but I'm sure like last year it will only be for a few minutes. Aaron did leave me a messure that he mailed me a present that he made but it won't be here until after Sunday. My surgery on Fri will only be for an hour and then wake up time in Recovery so I imagine I'll be home within 3 hours of surgery time. I won't know that until tomorrow tho. I'm hoping for early early surgery!!!
    • Linda: I know that catalog and clothing co as I've ordered stuff from them. They do tend to have long lengths on their blouses and tee tho. I'm wondering about something. When you say cupboards are you talking cabinets? I know there are words that Easterners or Southerners say that are uniquely to those areas. Like Pepsi or Coke become sodas in other areas. Anyway, glad you are getting it all done in your kitchen.

I just saw how to do a technique I've been fumbling with for a few days. Think I'll go play for an hour and maybe find a happy mood.
  • Cdjohnson
  • Anna C
    May be an image of 1 person, coffee cup and text that says 'Thankful Thursday Find a quiet moment this morning and think about the special people in your life. Be thankful for them. CoffeeandQuotes and Quotes'

Good morning!

Glad everyone is safe from the storms. We are having light rain at the moment but could have storms later on they say.

Beautiful cards ladies!

I prefer my pants to be right around the midline or belly button and with a belt.....always.
    AI is out there and they're gonna take what they want. What are we going to do about it?
    I'm in a rut too. No energy and no motivation. I just want to stay under the blankets!!!!

Terry, hope everything goes quick and easy for your tomorrow with an even quicker recovery.

Hello to all. Gotta get the day going. Hope yours is a good one!
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.